Dr Apollo S. Nsubuga-Kyobe
An engaging client-centred strategic cross-cultural, educator, mentor, advisor, human resources capacity builder with extensive experience in research, curriculum development, teaching, assessing, evaluation and nurturing collaborative diverse groups’ and collegial relationships, partnerships as well as successful pathways. He is a highly collaborative cross-cultural community leader, academic and researcher. He holds various qualifications including a PhD in Organisational and Human Resources Management/Development from La Trobe University. He is a member of a number of Professional and Community based organisations.
An agile, committed commercially astute person for diversity, dynamism, one who fosters high-performing positive work systems and cultures built on reasonably achievable, fair, equitable, and measurable outcomes, linked to policy reforms, advocacy and operative service delivery to emerging communities, all underpinned by enhancing effective, efficient and quality evidence based undertakings mainly through Action Research.
A good communicator, internationally publishing researcher and stakeholder manager with proven skills, knowledge, abilities and competencies in developing institutional, industry, community as well as partnerships that achieve high standards’ outcomes, academic/social achievements and strategic work results. His international experience helps in partnering with institutional, industry, and community stakeholders to achieve measurable empowerment, education and sectorial growth all added to social policy reforms.
His community and academic leadership has included; contributing towards building emerging communities to the next better level(s) by positively enhancing attitudes, values, and empowerment in their lives (capacity building) and supporting those living in the margins (disadvantaged) particularly through providing directions, empowerment, mentorship, education, evidence building, advocacy, social research and counselling opportunities. A strategic thinker and actor in programs development and delivery.
Professional and Organisations’ membership covers a range of set-ups that include being:
- Fellow Institute of Managers and Leaders Australia (FIMLA), formerly Australian Institute of Management (AIM),
- Fellow and Executive Board Member of the Asian Forum for Business Education (AFBE)
- Member Australian Human Resources Institute (MAHRI)
- Associate Member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia, (AMICDA)
- Justice of the Peace (JP) in the State of Victoria,
- Secretary and Councillor Pan African Australasian Diaspora Network (PAADN) & Co-Chair Communities Forum & Entrepreneurship/Economic Development of the African-Australians Diaspora (Asia Pacific),
- HUME Regional Advisory Council Member (RAC/VMC) to the Minister of Multiculturalism & Finance, Victoria Government
- Vice Chair the African Think Tank Inc. & Charter Member of the Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Member of the Africa Day Committee & Co-ordinator of Advancing Australia, Africa Agenda: Challenges & Prospects
- Member of the Regional Settlement Institute Australia (RIA), & Chair Goulburn Valley African Communities Association
- Outgoing Vice Chair and Board Member Ethnic Council of Shepparton & Districts
- Executive Committee Member African Communities Foundation Association (ACFA)
- Former Vice President of the African Studies Association of the Australasia and the Pacific (AFSAAP)
- Former Deputy Chair D.H.S Victoria Multicultural Advisory Committee
- Outgoing Board Member/Director the ECCV & Patron of the Uganda Pearl of Africa Victoria Association
- Convenor Australia Africa Dialogue La Trobe University, Melbourne.
- An Academic, Business Management, School of Business, La Trobe University
- Business School - Bundoora | La Trobe University | Kingsbury Drive, Victoria, Australia, 3086