Patricia is a passionate educator who inspires, engages and educates for the 21st Century. She leads and works collaboratively with a team of experienced education professionals. In her current role at Swinburne University of Technology as Manager Foundation & Pathways Health, Arts & Design, she is responsible for the leadership of a portfolio of programs within the department and for building the profile and reputation of Foundation and Pathways, both internally and externally. This involves providing vision, leadership and operational management of the team to ensure the delivery of high quality programs and innovative learning and assessment practices to meet the needs of diverse student cohorts at the required quality standards.
She is an experienced professional who has managed collaborations and partnerships with business, community and industry to solve practical problems and build effective relationships for the benefit the organisation, students, academic staff and the world. Her multifaceted career journey is interesting and diverse with experience in the fields of teaching, technical writing, training and facilitation, relationship management, business development, project management and consulting, marketing, sales and service, accounting, community building and strengthening. She is enthusiastic and keen to share her knowledge and practical experience to help make a difference. She thrives on change and challenges and is passionate about championing social changes that address specific needs and have positive impacts.
Activities, Affiliations, Awards and Recognition:
She is actively involved in the community development space, her achievements include:
- Current Member of the Victorian Multicultural Commission Regional Advisory Committee
- Founder, past President, Vice President and currently Treasurer of the Cultural Historical Association of Rodriguans and Mauritians in Victoria Inc (CHARM Vic Inc)
- past Chairperson & current Secretary of the Mordialloc Neighbourhood House
- Current Mentor for various Leadership Victoria leadership programs
- Active member of the City of Casey Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee and St Paul the Apostle Justice, Peace, Integrity of Creation social justice group
- Founding and past Industry Board Member Business Without Borders Swinburne
- Past member of the City of Casey Access & Inclusion Advisory Committee